Gentlemen and fellow followers,
We have been busy these past weeks piecing together our gentleman summer wear for a little trip down to Spain for some well deserved rest. Apart from booking flights and scouting out the best luxury scenes, we have been thinking about which gentleman summer wear we should be bringing along with us.
The first challenge that we faced was to decide what shoes to bring along with us considering the weight baggage limit.
The boat shoe (or loafers)
We decided to bring along with us the “Lanvin Leather and Suede Boat Shoes” for the upcoming pool and yacht parties that we have lined up. Loafers provide the best of both worlds for your gentleman summer attire:
- Gentleman Look: Bring out the stylish chic during evening cocktails with a pair of chinos and a nice fitted blazer
- Summer Relaxed Look: with a simple pair of above the knee high shorts and a casual polo t-shirt
The second challenge was the summer blazer. Considering we will be going to the South of Europe, we opted for some colour, after all it’s summer!
The “Pincord Sportcoat by Michael Bastian” was our selection this Summer 2013. The pastel colour fits well with colourful shorts and chinos to stand out in a crowded party. On the other hand, the blazer can also feature a nice pocket square to really bring out the differences in colour.
The final challenge was the selection of shorts and trousers. For the summer gentlemen shorts we opted for a selection:
- Shorts, we decided to go with light blue. Together with a tan, the combination is perfect when added to a white shirt.
- Chinos: a must have gentleman summer wear 2013. We are very fond of the green and red colours as the combinations are endless and considering the baggage allowance, these are two good choices.
- The White Pair of Trouser: to be used sparely! A nice pair of gentlemen white trousers can really make a gentleman’s attire. Together with a grey blazer or dark navy and nice loafers, this is one of the best summer looks a fellow gentleman can have in his wardrobe.
Fellow gentlemen, which summer attires have you packed for this summer 2013?
N.B: We will be on Twitter @Luxurymenblog, for the next 2 weeks, so don’t forget to follow us to get the latest up to date news!